by Lois Herbel
The June meeting was held at Ft. Robinson State Park on June 20, 2015 with 13 rigs present. The weather was beautiful and perfect for camping.
Some highlights from the June meeting include:
- The Christmas Dinner will be held December 12 at 6:00 PM at Becki's in Mitchell
- The July campout will be held at Guernsey RV Park. A tour of the Sunrise Mine is scheduled for July 18 at 9:00 AM. It will last a couple hours. A fee of $100.00 will be divided among those attending the tour. The potluck dinner will be held at 5:00 PM with the meeting following.
- Carolyn Austin has resigned her post of Newsletter Chairperson. We greatly thank her for her dedication and hard work writing the newsletter over the years. She will be missed. Lois Herbel will write the newsletter the remainder of the year. Please contact her with information to add to the newsletter (308-436-2328)
- Cindy Banghart reversed her resignation on compiling the scrapbook for next year which we are very thankful for. She has agreed to continue her work with the scrapbook. (The scrapbook did receive First Place this year at the Rally. Congratulations to all who made contributions to the scrapbook and to Cindy for her work in organizing it.)
- The State is very pleased with our Standard Operating Procedure. The regional director stated that it is one of the most complete SOPs he has viewed and said we are to be commended for our efforts.
- The state was very pleased with our Emergency Form and several chapter Presidents asked for copies. The Colorado State Director is presenting it to his chapter presidents for implementation.
- Bonita is chairing an election committee to present candidates for office at the July meeting. Voting will take place at the August meeting.
- President Al Herbel gave a report on the state meeting. Chapters are encouraged to use email as much as possible, both to the state and within the chapter for communication. More new membership is encouraged. Vary the location of campouts so we aren't camping at the same locations. Our chapter was praised for having posted everything to the web. Al Herbel will provide a training at the September meeting to help other chapters post their information. Carla Griess is planning on stepping down as State Director after the 2016 Rally. The theme for the 2016 Rally will be ?Honoring America?.
- If you are missing patches from previous years, (Dogs for Deaf, Bones, Adopt-A-Park or year patches), you can obtain them from President Al Herbel until the September meeting. At that time, extra patches will be delivered to the State meeting.
Please Note: Chet and Wanda are host and hostess for the September Campout at Lake Ogallala. The September business meeting will be held on Friday, September 18 at 6:00 PM. The time change for the meeting is necessary so President Al Herbel can journey to Grand Island for the State Meeting at noon on September 19. The potluck dinner will be held at noon on September 19.
We would like to extend our sympathy to Harry, Bonita and Charlene Case in the loss of their brother-in-law. We also extend ?get well ? wishes to Bob Boots as he recovers from a hand injury.
We wish everyone safe travels to the July campout at Guernsey. It is hard to believe this is already the July campout. See you soon.
July Birthday ? Dave Feagler July 19
July Anniversaries ? Dale/Charlene Mahnke, July 3; Bart/Doris Bartow, July 6
RV Tip: If an RV is stored on concrete, a barrier needs to be placed between the tires and concrete to prevent dry rot.